Data Garden Plant Sonification Workshop
- Date: April 21, 2013
- Time: 11:00am - 1:30pm
During this workshop facilitated by Data Garden, participants will gain an understanding of how to graph real-time data streams from the metabolic processes of plants for use in creating generative electronic music. Individuals with basic experience in electronics, visual programming languages like Pure Data and Max MSP as well as digital audio workstations like Ableton Live will get the most from this workshop though all are welcome. Efforts will be made to pair up participants who have complementary skill sets.
- Intro / Overview of Project
- Materials and Tools
- Building a Psychogalvanometer – Step-by-step walkthrough where participants build their own
- Translating Psychogalvanometer Signal to Data Using Pure Data Software
- MIDI Configuration / Sound Application
- Parts and components will be provided.
- Instructions on how to build a psychogalvanometer can be downloaded here.
- A laptop with Ableton Live or Pure Data is recommended but not essential.
Limited to 25 participants. Registration is required. RSVP to Leslie Gale, firstname.lastname@example.org, 215-729-5281, ext. 110.
Data Garden QUARTET has been supported by The Pew Center for Arts & Heritage through the Philadelphia Music Project.