As with so many things, our annual Spring Plant Sale is going to work a bit differently this year. We wish we could see your faces and talk with you in the Garden, but for now we’re doing everything we can to provide you with these life-sustaining and enriching plants. As you make your purchases, know that your support helps us immensely as we navigate these difficult times.
We’ve launched an online store where you can pre-order plants and sign up for a pick-up date. Upcoming pick up-dates are May 16th and May 23rd between 9am and 3pm.
Pre-orders close May 10.
As ever, the Spring Plant Sale has a wide assortment of flowering perennials, select heirloom vegetables, vines, shrubs, and trees, all of which support the urban ecology and provide food for not only humans, but for the many pollinators around our city, as well. The proceeds will support our robust community programming that prioritizes our Southwest Philadelphia community—a community that will be disproportionately affected by what’s happening right now.
The safety of our staff and visitors is our top priority. We are grateful for your understanding and flexibility as we all work together to keep our community safe. Here’s our plan to get your plants to you as safely as possible:
Pre-order your plants through our Online Store:
- Follow the link on this page to browse our online store.
- Select a pick-up time on either May 16th or May 23rd, including your half hour pick-up time slot, and add it to your cart.
- Browse our many plant varieties and add all the beautiful plants you need to your cart. Please note that plants in most categories can be sorted by sun or water needs by clicking the “Filter By” menu.
- Pay for your order online at check out. Again, please be sure to select a pick up time before checking out!
- You will receive an order confirmation that includes the items that you ordered and your pickup time. We will be in touch by phone to confirm.
Looking forward to seeing you at the Garden again soon!
Please note: Seeds are eligible to ship with a flat $4 fee or you can choose to pick them up at the Garden. All other products are pick-up only.
Pick up Day Instructions:
- At your pickup time, enter at 54th St and Lindbergh Blvd and proceed down Harley Ave to the parking loop next to the meadow. Staff will be there to direct you to your assigned pickup zone.
- Once you arrive at your pick up zone, make sure you park within the spray painted lines. Please keep a safe distance of six feet between staff and other customers.
- Locate your plants in your zone! Your grouping of plants will have a large stake attached to it that will be labeled with your last name. To eliminate the possibility of contamination, do not touch merchandise that is not yours. Please place your own plants into your car.
- After you have picked up your items, you must exit the parking loop so we can accept the next customers. If you would like to stay in the park, please proceed to either the 51st St or the 56th street parking lot. Thank you!
- Any orders not picked up in their designated time slot will need to be rescheduled for a different time/day
Health reminders: For everyone’s safety, please wear a face mask (homemade is fine). Only touch your own merchandise. If you are sick, please reschedule with our team. Also, please note that no restrooms are open to the public.